Friday 11 April 2014

Looking Forward...

Now I'm almost ready, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's Card Marathon.  It's a bit of a reunion for me, some of the folks who come are old friends from way back when I had my shop. It's a shame that they have to concentrate and make cards, because I'm free to chat!
  • Here's a card for the Marathon - a quick make...hopefully, very useful!
If you live in the South West and are feeling deprived of Marathon style workshops, get in touch with Jan at Japonica, 01395 271739 she has a half Marathon with Cream Tea in the pipeline....what a fab idea! 
Tomorrow's Marathon is entirely portable you know..hmmmmm, there's an idea I hadn't really explored.   
Onwards then.  Have a lovely weekend y'all.

15 comments:

Scrapcat 1 said...

Love the card, have a fab time at your Marathon, much better than a running one xx

Craftychris said...

Enjoy your marathon, sounds fab ! I love the card, I had forgotten I have that lovely embossing folder! xx

Krisha said...

Love a quick card, and this is no exception.
Enjoy your marathon.

Alexandra MacVean said...

Best of luck with your marathon! :) And I LOVE LOVE your card. Your scrap-booking work is so lovely.

Sarn said...

This card looks GREAT Julia. Enjoy your Marathon (I thought they called them Snickers now!!!!).

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Twiglet said...

Best of luck with the marathon - sounds like a fun day. x Jo

Sue said...

Love the card.

Have fun tomorrow.

Monica said...

Enjoy and eat as much cake as you desire.

Sharon Madson said...

Stunning card, Julia! :)

misteejay said...

Great card Julia - have a super day.

Toni xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How fun that card must be to make. From the looks of it, it would probably be very easy to make, especially if you have a die cutting and embossing machine. I bet the marathon goes well. And I bet the gals all take a few minutes to stop and gab with you, too. I suspect no matter what a person is doing, they would gladly take time to chat with you. Some of us can even work and chat at the same time (grin).

BTW, did you recognize that black and white fabric I used in the cuff I made for Kathy? You should!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

It is our area, Worcestershire, that seems to be totally deprived of decent crafting. I don't know of any craft groups, and all the craft shops seem to be closing. xx Maggie

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Hope you enjoyed the card Marathon Julie, love the fabby textures of the card, it's gorgeous.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a fun card! Have a great time marathoning. I need to have marathon myself. It's good for the soul.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh I like this..I have this embossing folder and use it a lot.