Monday 8 February 2010

To rent: Sunshine

January..six in the morning. Sunshine creeping over the villas on Calle Trufa. Looks like it's going to be a lovely day doesn't it. We're a bit desperate for some sunshine and our thoughts have definitely turned to holiday plans. If yours have too, you might like to throw this villa into the mix; part of my remit as Domestic Goddess is to be in charge of renting it, and of course, my own blog is the best place to pimp! It's a 3 bedroom villa in southern Spain, nearest airport Alicante, about 40 minutes by car. Alicante is a 2 hour flight from Gatwick. Shares a community pool, has a patch of garden, a front balcony and a large solarium balcony on the roof. It's a short walk from a Plaza full of shops and bars and a short drive from golf and the sea. Drawback? You need to rent a car in our opinion; you can easily get a bus from Plaza to beach etc, but a car will of course, give you access to some amazing places, especially beaches. The villa is on an Urbanizacion about 15 minutes from the nearest town, Torrevieja - it has markets, fun fair, fantastic board walk, all the things you expect from a spanish town. Although when we last went, we managed to be there for a week without actually going into the town; no particular reason, just didn't get around to it! You can also go for a week without uttering a single word of Spanish if you need to - although of course, there's plenty of Spain to be experienced too. The rooms are doubles; one en-suite and there's a sofa bed and Zbed too..we have slept 13 for a party weekend. The Villa costs £125 per week to rent, plus a weekly cleaning fee. It's cheaper to fly on a weekday - we have no rules about what day rental starts and stops - and it's a pro-rata charge, so you can have as many or as few days as you like. If you've an interest, let me know - contact me by email from the button in the side bar. No obligation of course, just another option to add to your lists!
Edited to Add : the rental cost is for the villa, not per person. There is a seperate weekly fee for cleaning, payable in Euros, on site. Otherwsie I think that's the only thing I didn't make clear!

14 comments:

Carmen said...

Oooooh it does look lovely.

Unknown said...

I wonder if it is free for the rest of the day ... I am bloomin freezin' :0)

Anonymous said...

i can vouch that this place is brilliant! if you do the car rental thing, parking was never a problem for us, the beaches we visited nearby were fantastic, the local shop was brill, like a tesco, oh and there's a lovely shopping centre a drive away with lots of shops and a play area for the kids. it's fab!

Anonymous said...

forgot to mention the pool across the road was equally ace!

mckinkle said...

Hi Julia, I cant email, my pc is just special!! Could you please give me your email address? Mine is kerynmcnicol@sky.com
I take it the £125 is pp pw? Based on 6?

Thanks
Keryn x

Unknown said...

wow Julia - this is a great offer - I have a timeshare in Mallorca which I have had for 12 years this year - the maintenance fee is well near the £400 per week mark now. We are seriously thinking of cutting our losses and just giving it up as we can rent cheaper...

I'm definately interested. My e-mail is pmgale@tesco.net if you could drop me details of availability for this year.

Thanks,

Paula x x x

Fiona said...

This takes me back Julia - my mum used to own a villa in Albir which was then just a small village not far from Alicante - that was in the 80's - I wish she still had it now!! Sorry but we're booked to go to Greece this year for our 25th Wedding Anniversary - kids and all would you believe! lol!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Ooh it looks lovely, and good price. 2 things unfortunately - 1, I'm Billy-no-mates and 2, I'm booked on a craft weekend in March so no spare cash just now :(
Anne xxxxxx

Deanne said...

OH julia this looks fab :) can you email me some more details about dates left etc :) deezkatz(at)hotmail(dot)com :) xxx

Annie said...

Oh wow that looks really lovely and well worth a thought. Will be in touch once I have put it passed the other half.
A x

Unknown said...

I am just visiting the show ... not working ... are you going then??? How exciting ... I am there on the Sunday only ... How about you???

Lyn said...

I have heard all about your fab pad but it's brill to see the photos - gorgeous!

Charlie said...

Looks lovely - AH sun - let me see if I can still remember what it looks and feels like - after months of snow. Fortunately we are going south soon to our house in France. THAT will be sooo nice.

Gez Butterworth said...

Oooh it looks a wonderful place Julia. :)