Thursday 4 February 2010

Phew!


















Here is a non traditional Christmas card - it is, really - see it has a snowman's face and 'Cool' and 'Yule' written on it as proof...it's for Susie and Vikki's challenge again, another one for my box - oh my, I'm so organised I might start writing in them as well!
I had done some catching up and was sort of patting myself on the back about the state of my desk, but then it was WOYWW and good grief, so much to look at! Two things come to mind about 'the swing'; lots of us are making cards and a lot of us have a box to put them in, unused. We need an outlet!


Secondly, it strikes me that (with the odd exception) our stash is stored in a fairly ordered and tidy manner. I get the impression that you could 'go to' any particular item on demand. And that's a good thing! The desk/surface then, is the epicentre of creativity, where you can sort of 'let it all hang'. Ruthie said that she felt 'cleansed' after posting her WOYWW with swing.....I kinda get that - if affirmation is the subliminal reason for blogging, then WOYWW exposure is perhaps a bit of the old shared guilt thing! Works for me.


And talking of guilt - these inchies..A to D in alphabetical order (OK, ignore the 'let's) are for the weekly challenge over at Fiona's - I had and have every intention of playing but somehow the first 4 (weeks) got away from me! Huh? One inch square and you can't do 'em? I know! Problem here is that I need to have a use for them, I can't have them just sitting about - they'll end up in the bin out of frustration. So now I have (another) manilla notebook begging for decoration, ergo, suddenly I need to catch up with the challenge!

14 comments:

Fiona said...

Yeah Julia - great alpha inchies - you can always stick the little darlings on cards you know! Or make a wall hanging out of the whole alphabet when you're finished, or make a little book for them, or stick them on bookmarks, or cover little cubes in them for sticking on christmas trees, need I go on??? lol! x

Anonymous said...

i LOOOOOOOOOVE that card missus! is that t'shirt a stamp? love it!

airing cupboard crafts said...

FAb card Julia. The inches are great might have a go myself later. Have just emailed you about Saturday x

AngelaC said...

Love your inchies Julia - they are so bright and colourful! Great work.

Milliesmarvels said...

Great card, I like the little tab thingy, very cute. I am starting to feel a tiny little bit better, I managed to get out of bed today and moved on to the sofa. Still no crafting but short bursts of blog hopping and Melrose Place (the original 90's one) watching.
Jane
x

Annie said...

Hmmmm me thinks you've not seen the message I left you on the end of your last blog? There is a surprise waiting for you there and it's something you really do deserve :-) Check out my blog.
A x

Unknown said...

That card is right up my street and well worth paying a shilling just to tell you I love it :0)

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Great Card and missed WOYWW but had other commitments, but I will be back :)

Susie Sugar said...

How funky Julia I love it and so does Woody my youngest and has just asked "Mum why don't you do real art like that" so I will be copying you from now on ....should I say good bye to my friend Tilda ...Woody says yes its time I grew up !! cheeky little monkey
Thanks for playing our challenge again this week we hope you will play all year
Hugs Susie xx

Ellen said...

fun alphabet inchies , I specially love the lets chat one .

CoventryAnn said...

Lovin' that grungy card! :)

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Fabulous card Julia, certainly non traditional and perfect for our challenge this week. I love it, its great. Thankyou for joining in Susie & Vikki's Christmas club challenge this week and good luck.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Nikki said...

Julia that's very COOL for a non traditional xmas card
& if you'd like to know you won a digi for your commenting on one of my posts Please pick one from my Shop then I can email it to yah
hugs Nikki

Melisa Waldorf said...

Fun inchies!!