Monday 2 November 2009

Wish you were here..

Had a truly fab day on Saturday at the 2 Scrap Ladies event. Here you can see Carmen diligently making up a LO for the March calendar. It was one of many. Every time she finished one, she had to gaze at wall posted with 24 calendar LOs and choose her next. We do understand that you only need 12, but we offered a choice, see. It was quite revealing. Ally (the other Scrap Lady) and I felt that our 'styles' were sufficiently far apart to be easily identifiable and different enough in terms of product and preferred techniques to offer a choice, so we did a set of calnedar pages each. I used BG Lemonade as my base pack, Ally chose for the most part, American Crafts. That part worked well. Turned out that no-one could quite pin the right style on either of us - which is fab; every time they picked a LO to do by Ally, I took the credit for it. Obviously. I take no credit for the groove of the day, it was friendly, warm and chatty..just how I like it. In fact, some of us were so comfortable that there was an outbreak of slippers..
We kitted everything and despite a couple of brad-less episodes, there were no heart stopping moments through lack of stuff -although I did have to go home and get some bits and pieces, but I blame a high temperature on that sort of forgetfulness. OK, that was the last time I'll use it as an excuse, but have I mentioned that I've been unwell?! Mr Dunnit came at lunch time bearing the gorgeous frames; he made them up to order - Oak was the runaway favourite frame.
So that's it. First one over, all wrinkles ironed. If you can find a hall and a minimum of six people, we can bring A Magnetic Year in a Day to you. Now, that could be fun!
So much of a return to normality today that I don't know where to start. Domestic imperatives are to be found in every room, and there's a serious deadline or three for Workshop samples....please Lord, let my Mojo be resting peacefully on my desk when I finally sit down to start something this evening!

9 comments:

Paige said...

Congrats on such a successful workshop. it loooks and sounds like everything when smoothly and to plan :) Carmens pile of yummy looking stash (on her blog) looks great :) I would have been a slippers girl as well if I had of been there.

Anonymous said...

aww, wish i could have been there! what's next on the agenda then?

Unknown said...

Sounds like you did a grand job ... hopefully next time I shall make it ... just wondering how many people you want in a class before it's worth your while to come to Cambridge???????

Unknown said...

I entered too soon ... the message I mean ... not me personally ... I meant to say ... Have you been ill???? Oh you poor thing ... I do hope you are on the mend and remembered to milk the sympathy vote for everything it was worth :0)

Jay said...

Are they my slippers I see looking very comfortable under the table? Heehee, I was very relaxed and had a slipper smile all day.

Carmen said...

I'd pay just to watch you and Linda talking Tim Holtz in Cambridge!! I'd make sure I had my camera fully working too :D :D

Sneaky, sneaky! I didn't see you take that picture (I'd have ducked!) Look at that double chin! Gawd!

I think I almost ended up half yours and half Allys with my pages. I've already decided I will be turning them into scrapbook pages about each month when they are finished with at the end of each month - can't bear the thought of binning them or taking them apart ;) What do you do with yours?

Angie said...

Congratulations to you and Ally for organizing such a fab workshop ...its sounded amazing ... I envy all those who attended.
I am sure life will get back to normal .....soon ... and your inspiration and mojo will be waiting for you on your desk lol

Teresa said...

Congrats to both of you on what looks to have been a FANTASTIC day! Envious? Me? Of course I am! I can gather together 6 people, so when are you coming to Ireland then? lol

Claire said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time.x