Wednesday 2 September 2009

IIWA? What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday

For reasons probably to do with September being the back to work month and all that, I was actually awake when Mr Dunnit got up this morning. So after a twenty minute lie-in, I got up too. You see, after you've been married for a lifetime, you know that a tiny kitchen and two freshly awake adults, one who drinks tea and one who gags at the smell of it first thing, one who has sandwiches to make and one who just wants a large coffee and to unload the dishwasher and one who wants to watch ESPN Sport on the TV over breakfast and one that, at best, wants to listen to some news radio; you learn to leave a gap, give each other space, not tread on the toes of a well established morning routine. Now that, interweb, is a life tip. If you have the luxury of being able to stagger your morning routine.
Anyway, I collected my huge coffee and found Mr Dunnit watching a film we'd decided to record from last night. At ten past eight, I pointed out the time and expressed concern at the possibility that at least a handful of people would be waiting for him to open up. Not so, he tells me. He's taken the day off. And that is why tomorrow's workshop preparations are done and lined up on my desk. I haven't moved quite so fast for, well, all of the holiday period to be honest. Now the holidays are over, he's having a whole day off and I don't want to waste it at home. There are dead people's homes to be visited, seaside walks to consider and pub lunches with Pimm's to savour. (Please allow me the illusion of time travel so we can squash all this in - remember, today is my family holiday.)
So my desk is really quite tidy and actually not very interesting. But if you squint, you might be able to see this:
Yes, it's an inchie! I did it for a challenge that my friend Fiona runs. Hearts are SU! stamped and coloured with my Ciaos (sorry to be boring). A small piece of acetate (an inch square, actually) is stamped with Hero Arts ziz zag stitches and the two held together with a heart shaped eyelet. The theme of the challenge is not hearts. It's stitches. But even inchies take practice!

Oh and re 2 Scrap Ladies - if you're interested in this all day event, I do urge you to look at your map - in a couple of cases this week, interested parties who live 2 counties away have discovered that it's probably a journey of only an hour or so - I promise it will be worth an early Sunday start! For example, I can (using motorways) reach the NEC from here in just under 2 hours and Bournemouth and the New Forest coast area in jsut over 1. If you're interested, don't rule it out before investigating!

19 comments:

Carmen said...

Oh you are going to get me in trouble... but am going to investigate my geography! I am the girl after all who left Kent for Loch Ness and asked her OH when they would be passing Bristol so she could see how far THAT was away from some other crafting buddies. The sarcastic "we would only be passing that if we had left from Torquay" was uncalled for in my opinion as was the guffawing loudly in my ear. Hurrumph! But I shall have a lookee, lookee. ;)

Loving your inchies :) Keep them coming. Have fun on your day out - I know how exciting it is... I had a date, all be it with toddler in tow, with Craig on Monday our first one in... well at least a year probably longer. It was great. We have to do it more often - in fact he has requested a cinema date to see Dorian Gray! Whoooo! at this rate we may even rediscover 3rd base! ROFL! I hope he doesn't see this post - I'll be for the chop! :D

Carmen said...

2 hours 8 minutes!!! I put the Andover Premier Inn postcode in to the AA route planner would that be close enough? Oh I'm so having a word with Craig when he gets in!

Unknown said...

Men are so cruel! Not sure I'm brave enough to post pictures of my 'desk'.

Anonymous said...

Hi Julia it's Laura I have a blog!!!!!

Your inchie is lovely I have some bits to make some at the crop on Saturday. I have blogged whats on your workdesk. Yours is looking very tidy indeed.

Enjoy your day and see you Saturday xx

Angie said...

Oh I remember the early morning - tiny kichen syndrome. The family learnt fast not to talk to me if they wanted anything ...I worked on auto pilot and one syllable threw it off kilter. If there was silence everyone got breakfast and packed lunches and I got a large coffee and a ciggy (dirty habbit) ...one word and no one even got a drink. Pete even had to warn guests lol

Love your inchies ....more cards on the horizon ????I have blogged WOYWW and it really is IIWA???

Fiona said...

Fab inchie Julie - see you can do the little darlings - thanks for joining in - nice to see SU too! lol!

SueH said...

The inchie look fab Julie but you should have made four more and then you could have joined in with this weeks Daring Cardmakers challenge as well.

You can see the photos of my desk Here

Sue
x

Ann said...

Hope your day out is a nice one and the weather's not as bad as here today!
Your 'inchie' looks lovely. Waiting to see the resulting card now.

Jay said...

So where did you spend the day?
My desk is on my blog - not literally you understand!

ally fiddy said...

Hope you had a fab day out. Love your little inchi - very cute and how clever of you to colour it so nicely when its so darn small.
:-)

Unknown said...

How very tidy! I am impressed! A great inchie ... very well coloured!

Anne said...

Loving your life tip - so very, very true!

Oh, and I'm off to investigate my geography!

Paige said...

We too suffer from tiny Kitchen syndrome and leave the 20 minute gap :) just the other way around me first to sort the dogs then him for the shower. Pleased your parcel arrived safely and soooooo Quickly!!! really RM must be feeling faint after getting it to you so quickly!!

Annie said...

Hi Julia. Thanks for dropping into my blog. You asked for more descriptions of what's on my desk. I have done one better for you and popped a few photos on today of my desks :-)

Mole said...

I can see you and your H are entirely compaible LOL! Hope you had a great day off/out!

K J D said...

Cute inchie...... I'm sure Fiona will be able to see YOUR stitches!!!

Karen

Deanne said...

I've joined, only got the time to upload it today though :) x

Ellen said...

good idea to stamp in differnt layers it looks great

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Hee...sorry to chuckle, but I did.....and I love Pimms too...hope you had a nice day.

Fab new blog design - and thanks for saying hello again....I'm very rubbish at blogging at the mo but hope to improve as the winter moves in...xx