Monday 3 August 2009

OK, I'm ready. Go August!

So here's the August calendar, on the wall in the hall. That is ostensibly the best place for it because it's next to the phone. But of course, because this is the 21st Century, we have a 20th century cordless phone. This means that chatting and date setting are done from the comfort of - well usually an armchair, but to be honest, anywhere other than the hall! Let's face it, sitting on the stairs whilst making a phone call only ever happened because the curly wire would just about stretch that far, it's not exactly the number one spot for comfortable yakking is it? The lovely fresh paper I used is from K & Co - Citronella. I trimmed about 2" off one edge to make it slightly more portrait shape and used the reverse side to make the bar across the calendar top. Talk about a five minute page; but it had to be quick, as it's 3 days late! It's glittery and citrussy and I really love it. I bought the pad - the pad! Not even a couple of sheets of my favourite patterns! This is entirely because Shopkeeper Gal is a shrewd woman who knows what her regulars like. Oh yeah. I'm not telling you anything I haven't already moaned about to her face when I say that I'm utterly convinced that she engineered my presence in her shop to coincide with the arrival of the K & Co delivery. And honestly, I had to buy the pad because I was frightened that someone else might if I didn't, and then I wouldn't have it. By the way, and just in case you don't know - I'm old enough, frankly, to have grown out of this behaviour. So there we are, I have a lovely pad of bright fresh summery papers which appeal to every fibre of my colour chaotic brain, and a deep and horrible fear of the size of the patterns on almost every page! Justice I suppose, for being such a fool over the shopping part!
I've done a shed load of very mundane jobs so far today. Here we are at cup of tea time, Miss Dunnit has gone to her boyfriend's house to read poetry and watch Manga cartoons I don't doubt, and Mr Dunnit is at work. There is sunshine on my work table and so, well it would be rude to resist a bit of scrapping, huh!

8 comments:

Judith said...

Better late than never.
Enjoy you tea and scrapping and when you get back there is a little something on my blog for you. x

Unknown said...

Hi Thanks for the comment on my blog. Can you tell me what make the rubber stamp christmas tree is please? I thought it was Hero Arts, but can't find it! Thanks.

Carmen said...

We're all old enough to know better but I personally hope none of us ever grows out of that behaviour. It's too funny for the people watching to deprive them of it ;)

Hope you had fun scrapping :P

Angie said...

Your sun is shining (mines not) ... you are happily creating ... and alls well with the world .... or is it? Are you sure that Miss Dunnit is reading poetry? lol.

Unknown said...

Mmmmm Poetry, Manga cartoons and teenagers ... best you stay in that sunshine scrapping Mrs!

ally fiddy said...

And we;re both old enough not be suckered into lovely, pretty bright coloured pens too, but we got them!
:-)

Ginny said...

GORGEOUS paper, sunshine here today too...just!! doesnt reach my desk tho, Im freezing..lol

Carmen said...

Tag - you're it!